Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Ethiopian Pepper Pot Soup


If a picture is worth a thousand words, then this one of Ethiopian Pepper Pot Soup, is also worth a thousand smells. For those of you who don't know...I love peppers. I love spicy food, not HOT food. I knew I had to have this soup the moment I saw it on the menu. This is my take for this particular bowl of soup I purchased (five times) from the Hilton, Addis Ababa Ethiopia.



Imagine your mom's or maybe you grandma's famous vegetable soup. If you can't do that...then imagine the best vegetable soup you've ever had. Now think about the time you visited Germany or Hungary and had the best goulash you ever had. Combine those two tasteful memories, let them swirl about in your taste bud imagination for awhile. Finally...multiply that imaginative taste by four...and some peppers...and that is what this bowl of soup tasted like. I really enjoyed this was mad when ever my hosts took me places that didn't have this soup.

If you ever happen to be in Ethiopia...this is a must eat.

No comments: